The PGA Championship is a fully accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure that you have access to all the Championship amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our guests. The following explains the services provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions please email us at DisabilityServices@pgahq.com. We will do our best to help you enjoy your Championship experience.
Please Note: Disability “Services Access Tents will be located at the Media and VIP Bus Terminal and the Information & Disability Services Tent at the Main Entrance. Please stop at either location to: Get your Disability Services wristband. Have your Disability questions answered. Learn about other accessibility services. DISABILITY WRISTBAND POLICIES: Disability Wristbands will be good for the duration of your time at the PGA Championship. PLEASE DO NOT remove your wristband for the duration of the Championship. One companion wristband will be issued for each disabled patron, exceptions will be made for families with young children. If a disabled guest wishes to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the Disability Services tent at the Media & VIP Bus Terminal to be reissued.
- Get your Disability Services wristband.
- Have your Disability questions answered.
- Learn about other accessibility services.
- Disability Wristbands are good for the duration of your time at the PGA Championship. DO NOT remove your wristband for the duration of the Championship.
- One companion wristband will be issued for each disabled patron, exceptions will be made for families with young children.
- If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the Disability Services tent at the Media & VIP Bus Terminal to be reissued.
There are accessible pathways that connect the entrances with the area around the Clubhouse including the practice range. The course is connected by sand golf cart paths. For this reason, we encourage disabled guests to utilize our Disabled Services Shuttle System. Additionally, we encourage all guests to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, you may do so at the Access Center. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit.
We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals.
There will be NO onsite parking at the 2021 PGA Championship. ADA Parking will be located in Lot H for guests with mobility devices. Wheelchair accessible shuttles will transport guests from ADA Parking to the Championship. There will be separate ADA parking at the front of the General Parking lot at Freshfields for guests who do not have mobility devices. Disabled guests can acquire an ADA parking permit through The Convention Store. The hotline for access to Lot H is (877)-472-7275 which connects you to The Convention Store (Shuttle Management Service Provider) to submit information and receive a pass for Lot H.
You will need a verified Disabled Person Parking placard, permit, or license plate to enter this parking lot. The person to whom the placard or plate is issued to must be present in the vehicle, as a driver or passenger.
Please note that it’s against the law to park in an accessible parking space without the required ADA credentials or to fraudulently use someone else’s in order to gain access to ADA parking spots.
DISABILITY VIEWING AREAS
There will be disability viewing areas made available to ADA guests. To gain access to these areas, please visit the Disabled Services tent at the VIP & Media Bus Terminal or Information & Disability Services tent at the Main Spectator Entrance.
Disability Viewing Areas:
- Practice Range
- Hole 1 Tee
- Hole 17 Green
Disability Viewing Area Policies:
- Companions may be asked to stand if capacity is reached.
- These are non-smoking areas.
- Patrons are not allowed to save spots and if a guest is not-present for over an hour, their area will be given to another disabled guest.
Service animals are permitted throughout the grounds; however this does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Pets are not allowed and will be turned away. Only legitimate service animals that are properly trained and under the proper care of their owners will be provided with the appropriate credentials.
All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls
Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area
Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.
All animals should have legally required vaccinations which may checked
DISABILITY SERVICES SHUTTLE SERVICE
Disability Shuttle service will be made available for our disabled guests who need it. Pick-up locations include:
- Shuttle Stop 1: Main Entrance
- Shuttle Stop 2: ADA Entrance (Media & VIP Terminal)
- Shuttle Stop 3: Between Hole 8 Green and Hole 9 Tee
- Shuttle Stop 4: Between Holes 10, 17 and Hole 18
- Shuttle Stop 5: located behind Hole 18
- Ancillary Stops at all ADA Viewing areas
- Ancillary Stops at all First-Aid areas
- Ancillary Stops at all Hospitality Locations (with proper credential)
Typical wait times may be as long as 25 minutes due to heavy volume. A wristband issued by the Disabled Services Center is required to utilize this service.
- Concessions: All concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required, please confer with a concessions manager.
- First Aid: We have several First Aid locations throughout the venue, noted on the course maps and mobile app. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
- Special Dietary Needs: The PGA Championship will offer gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond the Championship’s food service, please contact us at DisabilityServices@pgahq.com
COMMENTS, QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
PGA of America will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the PGA Championship. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make the PGA Championship more accessible we encourage you to contact us at DisabilityServices@pgahq.com or626-373-8170 for any of your disability related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services please reach out to us.