Ticket Terms & Conditions
BY CLICKING “I AGREE”, THE PERSON SEEKING ENTRY PURSUANT TO THIS LICENSE, AND ANY ACCOMPANYING MINOR (COLLECTIVELY, “HOLDER” OR “YOU”) ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THEY HAVE READ AND ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT (THE “AGREEMENT”) IN ITS ENTIRETY.
1. All admission tickets issued by the PGA of America (“PGA”) granting access to the 2023 PGA Championship (the “Championship”) are licenses that may be revoked by the PGA or the PGA Tournament Corporation, Inc. (“PTC”) in their sole discretion for any reason or no reason at all. Subject to the terms below, Holder’s sole remedy in the event the PGA or PTC revokes your ticket of admission for the Championship without cause shall be a refund of the amount of the purchase price of the ticket paid to the PGA/PTC, less any applicable taxes and fees. PTC is the collection agent for Patina Golf Tour Events, LLC (“Patina”), a third-party provider of concession services selected by PTC, with respect to the Championship+ Inclusive Food and Non-Alcoholic Beverage Program at the Championship described below in Paragraph 14. As described below in Paragraph 15, a portion of the price of all applicable admission tickets are allocated to those Championship+ Inclusive Food and Non-Alcoholic Beverage Program services.
2. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to the conflict of laws principles thereof. Any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, shall be resolved by individual arbitration administered by JAMS in accordance with its rules, as modified herein. The place of arbitration shall be Florida, provided, however, that if requested by the Holder, the arbitrator shall schedule an in-person hearing in the Holder’s hometown area for the Holder’s convenience. All JAMS Case Management Fees and all professional fees for the arbitrator’s services shall be borne by whichever of the PGA or the PTC that is a party to the arbitration (or both), except that when a ticket holder initiates arbitration, the Holder shall be required to pay a $250 fee to JAMS. The existence and content of the arbitration shall be confidential and shall not be disclosed by any party except to the extent required by law. By agreeing to individual arbitration, you acknowledge that you will not be able to have a court or jury trial, or participate in a class action or class arbitration. Other rights that you would have in court will not be available or will be more limited in arbitration, including the right to appeal. You understand and agree that by resolving all disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, through individual arbitration, you WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A COURT OR JURY TRIAL. ALL DISPUTES SHALL BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND NOT AS A CLASS ACTION, REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, CLASS ARBITRATION, OR ANY SIMILAR PROCEEDING. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no party shall be precluded from seeking remedies in small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of its jurisdiction.
3. Holder shall carry, and where possible display, their ticket at all times during the Championship.
4. For security or other purposes consistent with the license granted by ticket of admission, Holder consents to the reasonable inspection of his/her person and property before entering and/or during the Championship.
5. Holder ASSUMES ALL RISKS, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating to Holder’s attendance at the Championship and related activities, from all known and unknown causes and obvious and hidden conditions, including, but not limited to, personal injury (including death), which includes, without limitation, injuries resulting from being struck by misdirected golf balls and/or falls on the course and surrounding areas, sickness (including illness and other risks of exposure to COVID-19, or any other communicable disease or illness, or a bacteria, virus or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness); and Holder RELEASES, WAIVES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the PGA, PTC, Patina, Oak Hill, participating players and each of their respective Officers, Directors, Employees, Agents, Members and Affiliates from any and all liabilities from any such cause.
6. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present, including those with or without masks and additional personal protective equipment (“PPE”) or improperly using masks or PPE. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious virus that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and those with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By attending the Championship, Holder voluntarily assumes all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, including but not limited to exposure to carriers of the virus who do not have symptoms of COVID-19 and/or Holder transmitting the COVID-19 virus to others during or after the Championship.
7. Holder grants PGA, PTC and any of their authorized third parties the irrevocable, transferable, perpetual right and license to use their name, voice, image and likeness recorded or captured in connection with the Championship for any purpose and in any medium (whether now known or hereafter created).
8. Holder agrees not to capture, collect, transmit, distribute, publish, or sell any account, description, reproduction, video (live or recorded), audio, photograph, scoring-related data or statistic of, from or at the Championship on any day of the Championship throughout the Championship site, including any practice round (“Championship Content”), for any purpose except as expressly permitted in this Agreement. PGA is the sole owner of, and Holder assigns to PGA, all right, title and interest in and to all Championship Content, including all copyrights and rights to use all Championship Content, subject to permission from PGA to capture and distribute certain Championship Content on the limited terms set forth in this Agreement.
9. Holder may capture video, audio, and photographs at the Championship on any day of the Championship throughout the Championship site (including, for clarity, competition areas on competition days), consistent with all posted rules and instructions of the PGA and/or Championship Marshals and Officials. Holder may not use such video, audio, and photographs for commercial purposes and may not distribute such content on a live or near-live basis (i.e., no live streaming) or use such content to create a real-time, stroke-by-stroke or hole-by-hole account of the Championship. Further, Holder shall not use or authorize others to use any such content or other Championship Content for any commercial or promotional purpose, or for or in connection with a media outlet (directly or indirectly) unless the Holder and the media outlet have received official media credentials for the Championship from PGA.
10. Upon reasonable request by PGA, at PGA’s cost and expense, Holder will sign any documents necessary to effect PGA’s ownership of all Championship Content.
11. For the avoidance of doubt and without limiting the foregoing, Holder agrees not to capture, collect, transmit, distribute, publish, or sell any Championship Content (including any scoring, statistical, competition or other data at or from the Championship) for purposes of any betting or gambling-related activity.
12. Holder agrees to follow the guidelines of Golf Mode while onsite. Adhering to Golf Mode includes mobile devices set to silent or vibrate, including but not limited to ringer and notifications/alerts, and camera flash turned off.
13. You acknowledge that Championship tickets shall be for the exclusive use of you and your guests. You acknowledge that repackaging of tickets without prior written consent of the PGA is expressly prohibited, inclusive of but not limited to including tickets in travel and/or hospitality packages or sweepstakes or commercial promotion. You and all ticket holders agree to adhere to any other rules, guidelines, or codes of conduct established by PGA or PTC in advance of, or at, the Championship.
14. Championship+ Inclusive Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverage Program
If this ticket is a Championship+ Inclusive Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverage Program ticket, Holder of this ticket at the Championship (other than junior tickets and military tickets) is entitled to participate in the Championship+ Inclusive Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverage Program, which consists of food and non-alcoholic beverages offered by Patina at concession stands or concession markets made available to the general admission ticket holders. Private hospitality areas or clubs, as well as the clubhouse and other areas in which admission is limited to members of Oak Hill, are specifically excluded from access provided to a Holder of a Championship+ Inclusive Food and Non-Alcoholic Beverage Program ticket. Championship+ Inclusive Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverage Program ticket Holders are limited to quantity of food and non-alcoholic beverages that can be ordered per visit to a concession stand or concession markets. Click here to view additional information regarding order process and limitations of the Championship+ Inclusive Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverage Program.
15. Refund Policy
There shall be no refunds, rainchecks, exchanges, or replacement of tickets except as provided for in the following Event Cancellation / Weather Policy.
Event Cancellation / Weather Policy
There shall be no refunds, rainchecks, exchanges, or replacement of tickets if at least five (5) cumulative hours of practice and/or play are held on the day specified on this ticket. If there are fewer than five (5) cumulative hours of practice and/or play on the day specified on this ticket due to an act of God or other matter beyond the control of the PGA, the PTC and the PGA reserve the right, in their sole discretion and subject to the further limitations in this paragraph, to provide ticket holders with one of the following: (i) a full refund of the purchase price of the ticket paid to the PGA, (ii) a partial refund of the purchase price of the ticket paid to the PGA, or (iii) the opportunity to attend a rescheduled event or exchange tickets for a comparable ticket to a different day in the Championship.
Without otherwise limiting the foregoing, Holder acknowledges and agrees, if this ticket is a Championship+ Inclusive Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverage Program ticket, that $90 of the price of your ticket is allocated to food and non-alcoholic beverages services comprising the Championship+ Inclusive Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverage Program during competition rounds ($20 per ticket during practice rounds) and you agree that if food and non-alcoholic beverage services comprising the Championship+ Inclusive Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverage Program are made available for at least three (3) cumulative hours on the day specified on the applicable ticket, regardless of how many hours of play take place on such day, then no refund will be provided for that food and non-alcoholic beverage portion of the ticket price. The price of your Championship+ Inclusive Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverage Program ticket allocated to food and non-alcoholic beverages is exclusive of 8% state and local sales tax.
16. PGA and PTC reserve the right to deny access to anyone who attempts to enter, or enters, the Championship grounds with a ticket obtained through inappropriate or unlawful sources, including, but not limited to, through sources prohibited by this Agreement. PGA and PTC also reserve the right to seize the tickets. Violators are subject to removal from the premises and/or face criminal prosecution.
17. PGA and PTC reserve the right to provide your Championship ticket in any form, including but not limited to print, e-mail, mobile, or any other mode of digital ticketing.
18. Championship tickets may further be revoked without refund or other consideration and the holder of Championship tickets may be removed from the Championship for failure to comply with any term of this Agreement, failure to obey any and all posted signs at the Championship, failure to obey instructions of the Championship Marshals and Officials, and/or failure to adhere to Golf Mode guidelines or any other rules, guidelines, or codes of conduct established by the PGA or PTC in advance of, or at, the Championship. PGA or PTC’s liability for breach of any term of this Agreement shall not exceed the face value of the Championship ticket less the portion of the Championship ticket price allocated to food and non-alcoholic beverages (as noted in Paragraph 15 above). IN NO EVENT SHALL PGA OR PTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AMOUNT PAID IN EXCESS OF THE FACE VALUE OF THE TICKET LESS THE PORTION OF THE TICKET PRICE ALLOCATED TO FOOD AND NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES (AS NOTED IN PARAGRAPH 15 ABOVE). Patina’s liability for breach of any term of this Agreement shall not exceed the portion of the Championship+ Inclusive Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverage Program ticket price allocated to food and non-alcoholic beverages (as noted in Paragraph 15 above), if any. IN NO EVENT SHALL PATINA BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AMOUNT PAID IN EXCESS OF THE PORTION OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP+ INCLUSIVE FOOD & NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE PROGRAM TICKET PRICE ALLOCATED TO FOOD AND NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES (AS NOTED IN PARAGRAPH 15 ABOVE), IF ANY.
19. Unsolicited and consistent calls from the gallery towards players are prohibited.
20. Holder shall not seek autographs of players during Championship Rounds.
21. Prohibited items include all backpacks, coolers, weapons of any kind (regardless of permit), bags larger than 10” x 10” x 10”, folding chair bags (chair must be removed from bag at security checkpoint), drones, signs, selfie sticks, whistles/noisemakers and other items deemed inappropriate or dangerous by Championship security in their sole discretion. Prohibited bags will not be accepted or stored. Cameras allowed Monday through Wednesday only.
22. There will be no daily readmission to the grounds of the Championship. Once a ticket has been scanned, it will no longer provide admission, except when the weather warning signs have been posted.
23. Should any portion or provision of this Agreement be held invalid, void, or otherwise unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
Visit https://www.pgachampionship.com/2023/admission for more information and refund information, if applicable.